Saturday, April 2, 2011

wikispaces & food

It was really gratifying to follow through on creating a wiki because I have been meaning to do just that for years to document and share my Oma's infamous Yugoslavian recipes. So, thanks to 17 Things, I finally followed through. Check out www.kampfrecipes.wikispaces.com  to see a growing cook book of the Kampf family's Donauchwaben food culture. I also posted a family tree to archive through the years on this family hub. Now the trick is getting everyone else to contribute...  

In the context of the classroom, I could use a wiki to start and sustain a dialogue amongst my art students about art history, contemporary art, their own works in progress, and collaborative art works. My students frequently discuss these topics in a verbal, written, and worksheet-guided critique, but tackling this subject matter on their own time would allow for independent thinking within a less confrontational venue, more studio time in class, developing professional relationships with their peers, and learning how to utilize the internet for academic and artistic growth.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Oma recipes. What a great way to collaboratively compile family history! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete